Wednesday, November 6, 2013

TP-LINK TL-WR841N Wireless N300 WiFi Router

I have recently replaced a 802.11g WiFi router with the TP-LINK TL-WR841N Wireless N300 Router . The reason was the fact that my old WiFi router didn't have enough range to reach through several concrete walls into our other bedroom. More importantly, its WiFi connection was somewhat unstable, resulting in pauses when using Skype over WiFi.

I decided to upgrade the router and get better range, more stable connection and not spend a lot of money. As a result, I got the TP-LINK TL-WR841N for $20 or so, shipping included. Not only was it super-easy to install and use, it comes with a 2-year warranty.

The router supports 802.11b/g/n standards, has the latest security features, including WPA2 encryption that I use. It has 4 wired Ethernet 10/100 ports and dual antennas.

I am happy with this router's stability, range, ease of use and unobtrusive design. The periodic connection dropouts in the WiFi are no longer happening. Ditto the Internet connection resets. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment