Friday, May 16, 2014

Meguiar's PlastX Makes Your Hazy Headlights Crystal Clear

For a while I have been unhappy about the appearance of my 2004 Infiniti G35's headlights. They developed what looked like a layer of substance that made them hazy. They always looked a little fogged-up and no amount of washing or application of the windshield cleaner with RainX (I know, RainX was not supposed to help) would do anything to restore the clear look of the headlights. Which was annoying, since the car's overall appearance was so much better than the headlight clarity.

I apply car wax to my vehicle and even clayed it a few times. I use tire shine products, wheel cleaning products, leather cleaners and conditioners as well as plastic protectants (dashboard). Most of the products I use are made by Meguiar's (with the exception being the clay bar by Mothers). So I decided to give Meguiar's PalstX a try.


In Use

I bought a bottle online for $7.50 shipped, it is now even less here: Meguiar's PlastX . Once it arrived, I put a small amount onto a Meguiar's yellow wax applicator (bought previously for the purpose of waxing) and rubbed it into the headlights' surface for a few minutes, wiping it off with a towel afterwards. The result was nothing short of amazing.

The hazy headlights that refused to be cleaned by other means became very clear. They look almost new and literally feel squeaky-clean. Now the hazy headlights don't mar the overall look of my vehicle and if or when they get hazy again, the PlastiX bottle is still almost full.

The applicator was easy to wash after the use. And unlike the headlight restoration kits, the PlastX is inexpensive and easy to use.

Pros: Works well to makes hazy headlights clear, easy to apply
Cons: Price (under $7); toothpaste might also work and costs much less

Bottom Line

I am extremely pleased with this product and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to restore clarity and shine to hazy headlights. And I hear that it works very well for convertible top's windows too. An excellent product and low effort to apply as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment