Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Neutrogena Men Age Fighter Face Moisturizer SPF 15 WIth Retinol - It Really Works

With dry air at home and at work, California sun and a child that demands attention, my face and neck were bound to suffer. I was looking for a day moisturizer, preferably with some sun protection properties and something that is better than "just moisturizer". And although I am unsure if "for men" products are any different than the ones for women, getting something that says "for men" and looks manly overall, with its black finish, was appealing.

Especially if it is Neutrogena Age Fighter Face Moisturizer SPF15 with Retinol. I bought it online (because it is more convenient than having to go to stores and is generally cheaper as well).

What is Neutrogena Age Fighter Face Moisturizer SPF15?

Just as mentioned above, the cream contains Retinol, which is an active form of vitamin A (antioxidant). It has a sun protection factor (SPF 15), which is not extreme but adequate even in California for short walks outside. I use it during the day and Swisa Beauty Mineral Night Cream at night.

Performance

Aside from the manly black color of the metal tube the cream comes in, the other cool aspect of it how thin it is. I generally dislike applying gooey stuff to my face, especially if the face is not cleanly-shaved. Not only you use more product, creams are usually greasy, especially the ones containing any sunblock. Not this. This Neutrogena moisturizer is very thin, easy to apply and spread and has a light, pleasant smell.

It does offer sone protection, which is apparent when I walk outside in bright sunlight. But more importantly, the question is, how does its "age fighting" work? I was very impressed. I don't look like I am a teenager, but the skin on my face and neck got smoother, softer, has less pale appearance and the dryness is gone as well. And I used to get occasional pimples, which as now much less frequent.

The cream can even be used as an aftershave, which I did a couple of times simply to save time. It works, although I prefer to use the dedicated Neutrogena Razor Defense Post Shave Lotion. And when I need better sun protection, I use the Neutrogena Triple Protect Face Lotion for Men SPF 20. It provides better sun protection when exercising or while doing any other physical activity outdoors.

Pros: Moisturizes, protects from sun and makes skin smooth, easy to apply (not greasy), inexpensive
Cons: Wish it was cheaper still

Bottom Line

Not only this cream moisturizer and protects from sun, it makes my skin smooth and is easy to apply. It is also inexpensive and (if you care) is made in USA. I will keep using it and highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment